Linking Education and Research to Industry
More than 80% of the ITER budget is spent in Industry. Industry has an essential role in the design, engineering and construction of ITER components and installations. FuseNet acts as a matchmaker, connecting Research Instututes and Industry to Master's and PhD students
There are many activities of FuseNet in which industry can be involved, be it through participation, collaboration, sponsoring or advice. Fusenet:
- publishes internships for students in industry;
- facilitates research collaboration with industry for PhD students;
- supports joint educational activities (summer schools, workshops);
- supports individual learning opportunities;
- partners share educational materials and set up hands-on experiments for students;
- provides through its website a platform for announcing news and collaborations;
- can serve as the intermediary between industries and educational institutions to implement the demand of the work field into the educational programs.
FuseNet Matchmaking Service
Presently, FuseNet is working on a matchmaking service for internships. A vibrant matchmaking service requires a steady stream of interesting internships, which is where industry can play a pivotal role.We are currently looking for industry partners to collaborate in this matchmaking service. Get in touch with FuseNet via the contact page now to discuss the possibilities!